Friday 10 May 2024

Shroud of burial

 



The night descends, darkness before dawn

Dew falls, showering the world

Painting a hidden scripture of my soul

Unable to escape the hand of fate

Until I close my eyes at that morning hour


A wheel-less coffin stands

Grazing the walls of my ghostly breath

Lost is the earthly chemistry

Replaced by my new realm, Barzakh it is called

My spirit rises to the blue sky

Then my body is thrown into the muddy grave

With worms and earthy creatures

My body lies with the white shroud

The clothes I wore when I passed away


The clean white shroud

Mixed with mud, turning black

My body powerless

But in my soul, always strives to be sincere

Letting go of the body that I once wore

Time for the unseen judgment day

Between me and the Creator of the universe

Redeeming all the sins I have committed

During my time in this world


I submit to the Divine

Where will my soul be placed

When death comes for my body

Wrapped in the faithful shroud

My body in agony

When my soul is pulled from its vessel

But I accept all that comes

With the shroud that faithfully covers me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment